Recipe of The Week: Italian Almond Tart
I have been attempting to get myself back in the kitchen to cook up some new recipes from my pile of ideas. Finally last night I decided to try out one of my ideas for this wonderful and delicious tart filled with creamy white-bean cashew cheeze and sweet roasted tomatoes.
Italian Almond Tart
with Cashew-White Bean Cheeze, Sauteed Summer Squash & Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Yields 8 Servings
- One large tart crust (recipe below)
- Cashew-White Bean Cheeze
- One medium summer squash, thinly sliced & sauteed in olive oil for 4-5 minutes
- Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Greens, for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (dried) or 1 TBSP fresh herbs (basil, oregano, parsley, thyme)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP water
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal, salt, and Italian seasoning. In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil and water. Create a well in the almond meal mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until combined. Press the dough into a 9-inch tart pan.
Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on the counter for about 30 minutes.
For the Cheeze
- One 15-oz can of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- One pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 TBSP olive oil
For the Tart