Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Pesto
Serves 6 (or 4 really hungry people)
- 6 servings of your favorite pasta cooked & reserve some pasta water
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in hot water until soft & roughly chopped
- 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
Place the walnuts, garlic, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and process for 30 seconds. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and process for 30 more seconds. Add the baby spinach and nutritional yeast, process for 30 seconds. Slowly add the olive oil through feed tube and process until fully combined. Pour the pesto into a large bowl and top with the hot pasta. Toss the pastas with the pesto adding one tablespoon of pasta water at a time to loosen up the sauce as needed.
Big Vanilla Athletic Club
That looks delicious – and healthy! Did you create the recipe yourself?