7 Ways to Reduce Waste
I am still working on setting intentions/goals for 2019 but one I know for sure is that I want to reduce our waste. The amount of waste that we make as a family is astonishing and I wonder what am I teaching my children? How can I better prepare them to take care of the world around us, create less of an impact and to really be intentional about how we live. So here are a few things I will be doing to help reduce our waste.
- Make a list of things you throw out every week/regularly. Are there items on this list that you could replace with reusable items or reduce packaging by buying in bulk?
- Shop with intention. Create a list and stick to it. When grocery shopping shop produce and the bulk section first. Also bring your reusable grocery, bulk and produce bags.
- Compost. If you live in a city that offers composting take advantage of it. If not consider options for renters or homeowners.
- Take advantage of Buy Nothing Groups. Tip: remember that you don’t need to take everything the intention is to offer up working items to others.
- Shop second hand stores and fix things rather than toss.
- Create a reusable travel pack. Include items such as cloth napkins, bamboo cutlery, water bottle, coffee mug and reusable straw.
- Go Paperless. Have receipts emailed to you and sign up for online bills.
What steps have you taken to reduce your waste?
This post contains affiliate links. Purchases you make through these links will help fund the work I do here at no extra cost to you. Thank you sincerely for your constant support.