1.. Favorite non-dairy milk?
I really like the Kirkland brand (Costco) Vanilla soymilk but lately we have been buying Westsoy which is pretty good
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Oh I have about a million recipes that I am planning to make I will however be making green bean casserole, pumpkin whoppie pies and lots of curry
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
salt, nutritional yeast, and chili powder and cumin.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
lentil soup first attempt it was just awful.
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
compost, recycle and trash when there is no other option
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
chickpeas, pasta and garlic
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
mom’s monkey bread at every holiday ….yumm I wish there were vegan prepackaged biscuits
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
purely decadent turtle something rather
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
cuisinart immersion blender
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
I don’t know ……my first vegan one however was vegan with a vengeance
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
I use tofu the most because it is the least expensive however I enjoy tempeh and seitan they all have their place.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
nothing there is a cupboard above it
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
edamame, frangelico, eggplant
20. What’s on your grocery list?
um about a million things I need to go shopping
21. Favorite grocery store?
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
I bloglines so I view about 500 food blogs a day my favorites however are vegan yum yum and how to feed a vegan
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
umm….i have no idea.
And another questionnaire since I am bored and exhausted at work
1. If you have to choose between locally grown or organic, which do you usually choose?
local and organic haha ….probably local
2. Favorite way to prepare potatoes:
3. Do you press your tofu before preparing/cooking it (if you eat soy)?
not really. I miss the tofu you could get in Canada that isn’t waterpacked
4. Name your favorite recipe that is a tradition in your family:
green bean casserole
5. Any food allergies?
6. When you want to go to a fancy dinner, where do you go?
A Single Pebble
7. When you have a cold, what do you crave?
Soup and Chili
8. What kind of water do you drink? (Filtered, spring, tap, etc.)
9. Name a flavor of soda you’d love to see:
I don’t know?
10. If the recipes you ate as a child were compiled into a cookbook, what would the title be?
I will get back to you on that one
11. If you were allowed to grow one food that can’t grow in your climate, what would it be?
12. Favorite type of mushroom?
13. Most frustrating part of your kitchen?
NO DISHWASHER not enough counters no vent over the stove
14. Last food you burned?
15. Usual response to a veg*n’s favorite question, “But where do you get your protein?”:
lame question…moving on
16. If you were baking your own birthday cake today, what flavor would it be?
17. Favorite brand of chocolate chips?
I don’t know
18. You have $200 of your tax return reserved for Williams Sonoma- What do you buy?
ooo there are too many things
19. Do you plan your menus in advance? Any tips to share?
I try and plan a menu at the start of the week based on what we have in our cupboards, what we desire and the new recipes that I have found
20. You have 3 minutes before you have to leave the house and you’re starving- What do you eat?
21. If Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, and Rachel Ray got into a fight, who would win?
Martha she went to jail she probably scrapped some there haha
22. If you eat oatmeal, what do you add to it before serving?
soy milk and raisins
23. If you got to travel to one country and learn all the traditional dishes there, where would you go (ignore commitments in your current place of residence)?
24. Favorite late night snack?
25. Favorite springtime food?
26. Favorite food-related magazine?
27. Which do you prefer: shoyu, tamari, conventional soy sauce, or Bragg’s Aminos?
28. What vegetable or fruit do you dislike the most?
29. Name a holiday food you look forward to all year long:
green bean casserole
30. If you could convert anyone to veganism with your magic wand, who would you convert?