This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
I have a tendency to be a little erratic when it comes to my grocery shopping. There are very few items that are guaranteed to be on our shopping list every week but Blue Diamond Almondmilk is one that always makes the list without fail. We use almondmilk for so many recipes or simple in our cereal or as a beverage to drink. Here are 10 ways that we like to enjoy our almondmilk.
1. A big cold glass. I’ve never really been a huge milk drinker of any kind but sometimes a nice cold glass of almondmilk is in order. Cool, creamy and a perfect snack.
2. In your favorite cereal. We don’t do dairy around here so almondmilk is our liquid of choice to wet our cereal. Edith and I love to drown our cereal in almondmilk while Neil likes to use the least almondmilk possible to wet his.
3. In mac and cheeze. If you have been a reader for a while you know that mac and cheeze is a weekly occurrence at our house. My favorite version involves almondmilk, nutritional yeast, shredded vegan cheddar cheeze and spices.
4. A dipper for cookies. I grew up with cookies and milk and still as an adult I love to enjoy a glass of almondmilk with my cookies especially chocolate chip cookies.
5. Smoothies! This one is probably pretty obvious but there is nothing better than a creamy smoothie made with almondmilk. I love almondmilk, banana and chocolate protein powder because it tastes just like a milk shake.
6. In sauces. I use almondmilk as a milk alternative in dairy heavy sauces such as the mac and cheeze I mentioned above or a béchamel sauce to name a few. Side note the unsweetened almondmilk works really well to make a béchamel; once made use it for a yummy vegan lasagna or add pesto for a creamy pesto pasta.
7.Acai Bowls.Who else is on the acai bowl train? I can’t get enough of them. My favorite base is acai, banana, strawberries, vanilla protein powder, almond butter, almondmilk and ice; simply blend and top.
8. Lastly Almondmilk is perfect for……
…blowing bubbles in.
I’m seriously loving almond milk right now! Never thought to put it in sauces.
We have tried so many different types of milks and almond is our favorite.
Almond milk is perfect for camping too! Over the past few months we went with this alternative (or Westsoy/Trader Joe’s soy milk, which only contain soy and water) for morning cereal, oatmeal, coffee creamer… Unlike animal milk these don’t *really* have to be refrigerated if you use within a few days, which left us more room in our small cooler for important things like chocolate and beer. Haha.
(Incidentally, when we’re home we make our own almond milk. 100% natural, no gums or palmitates that the store brands have, and the pulp makes amazing crackers!)
I prefer to make my own but honestly I can be just a bit too lazy sometimes to do it.
Oh my gosh, that photo of your little one blowing bubbles is SO cute!!! Thanks for the list, its been a while since I’ve bought Almondmilk, but now I’m feeling an acai bowl and (as you said) almondmilk is perfect for those. Cheers! 🙂
I want an acai bowl right now- they are so good!