I go through phases where I binge on greens and then there are times when I want nothing to do with them. Right now I am just loving greens, all day, everyday. I think it’s in part due to Neil’s juice til dinner cleanse he did at the start of this week. It really forced me to re-think dinners and make them a bit healthier and when I think healthy I think greens. Now I’m hooked and it feels so good to be back. I used the kale and some of the potatoes and garlic from our organics box to make this salad. Side note I say that this salad serves 2 or it could even serve 3 as a side but in all honesty I ate the entire thing myself for lunch. Seriously so good.
Massaged Kale Salad With Creamy Cashew Dressing
Write a review
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup cashew butter or cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons while miso
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup water, depending on how thick you'd like the sauce
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, de-stemmed and shredded
- 1lb new potatoes, diced and tossed with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- While oven is preheating place all of the sauce ingredients in the blender and process until smooth making sure to start with 1/4 cup of water and adding more if necessary/to your liking.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and seasoning and place in the oven for 25-28 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasted massage 1/4 cup of the dressing with the kale; I find it best to massage for at least a minute (more if you'd like) to help break down the kale. Let it marinate while your potatoes roast.
- Once potatoes are done toss them with the kale salad and plate.
- Drizzle salad with a little extra dressing, a squeeze of lemon juice and if you like a little spice a few chili flakes.
- You can substitute tahini for cashew butter or if you'd like you could substitute almond or peanut butter and add a bit of ginger and swap lime juice for lemon for more of an Asian inspired salad.
- Can't find lacinato kale? Try it with curly kale!
- Enjoy your food a bit saltier? Just swap the coconut aminos for tamari.
Naturally Lindsay https://www.naturallylindsay.com/
I love cashew dressing… Thanks for sharing the recipe…
This looks delicious! I would eat the whole thing too! 🙂
Ooo, this looks so delicious! Pinning for later!
Blog To Taste (@BlogToTaste)
I’m in the same boat with the love/hate relationship with greens.
Mmm, cashews are the best. I have to make them a special treat food since it is so easy to overeat them and they can irritate my stomach if I eat too many, haha! Have you tried making homemade cashew butter? It’s super easy, I just did a recipe you could do with all cashews! http://www.create-enjoy.com/2015/02/homemade-cashew-sunflower-seed-butter-recipe.html
Yummmmm Kale you’re speaking my language it’s one of my favorite foods! 🙂 Pinning for later.