Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Foodie.com. All opinions are my own.
Lately I have been really into finding quick and easy vegan family friendly recipes so that when baby #2 finally arrives (my due date is today BTW) we have a stock pile of recipes. Neil is going to be doing most of the cooking for the first two weeks so the easier and quicker the recipe the better. Another important factor for me was that not only are the recipes quick and easy and of course healthy but that we also have a good variety of recipes to choose from.
Check out 12 Quick Vegetarian Family Friendly Recipes
by Lindsay at Foodie.com
My top five favorites from the collection above are:
- Loaded Lentil Sloppy Joes: these bring me back to my childhood although back then they weren’t vegetarian and the sauce came from a can. This is a much healthier version and what’s more fun then a delicious, messy meal?
- Super Creamy Vegan Mac & Cheese: honestly I could eat vegan mac and cheese most days of the week and Edith and I usually have it at least once per week for lunch. This recipe is super creamy and you can easily bulk it up with some veggies.
- Creamy Sundried Tomato & Avocado Pesto: another pasta dish but this time a little different and more sophisticated but still kid friendly.
- Tempeh Chow Mein: I love Chinese take out but for one we haven’t found any great Chinese take-out in Portland and it’s not always the healthiest option. This however is a great at home option and way healthier!
- The Ultimate Veggie Sandwich: Sandwich night is one of my favorite night of the week and this recipe is filled with lots of veggies and can easily be customized to the taste of the each family member.
What are your favorite quick family friendly recipes?