Roasted Coconut Butternut Squash
The holidays are fast approaching and I’m always trying to find new ways to serve up my favorite holiday foods. Squash is a staple at our holiday table and this tasty twist will spice up any meal. It’s a wonderful combination of sweet and savory flavors with creamy squash.
- 1 large Butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss all ingredients together and pour into an even layer in the roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes and then stir.
- Return to the oven and roast for 25 more minutes or until squash is tender.
Looks super yummy…….adore squash in all forms. Okay I HATE to peel the stuff or cut it, but now just discovered a super cheat. As Costco has ORGANIC butternut squash, fresh (well however fresh precut can be) precut & I groove on that. Knives and I don’t always get along.
Happy World Vegetarian Day - Running With Tongs
[…] -curry coconut roasted butternut squash […]