• 1 (8oz) package of tempeh,large dice
• 8-10 button or cremini mushrooms
• 8 Rosemary Stalks; remove all but the top leaves, reserve 1 Tbsp of leaves and finely chop
• 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 400F
1. Using the rosemary stalks, skewer the tempeh and mushrooms. Place in one layer in a shallow baking dish.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the tablespoon of rosemary, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, salt and pepper; evenly pour over the skewers.
3. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until most of the liquid has reduced; flip and baste after 20 minutes.
Heather @ Better With Veggies
Love this idea, I hadn’t thought to skewer tempeh, glad to see it all stays together on the kebob.
Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life
This looks so good!
I was invited to a BBQ party and me being the only vegan attendee, I needed to bring my own skewers. Upon searching for good online recipes, I found yours. It was amanzingly easy and quick to put together and even non vegans, were raving about how delicious my skewers tasted, even when they had no clue what tempeh was!
Thank you for posting it, I’m sure I’ll make this again at every oportunity.
From Switzerland, thanks a lot.