Tonight I made some peppermint fudge a variation on Hannah Kaminsky’s Coconut Fudge from My Sweet Vegan. It is great and is going to hopefully be a hit with my co-workers tomorrow. I also made some vegan chex mix something I’ve always wanted to do.
I used Nature’s Path Oaty Bites instead of the traditional Chex and they worked great. They are a bit sweeter then normal Chex cereal which gives this Chex mix recipe a great sweet and salty taste.
Recipe for Oaty Bites Mix
4 1/2 cups Oaty Bites
1/2 cup spelt pretzels
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw walnuts
3 T vegan margarine
1 T vegan worcestershire sauce
1 t Adobe seasoning (I use Goya brand)
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1. Heat oven to 250F
2. In the oven melt the margarine on a large rimmed baking sheet.
3. In a bowl mix together the Oaty Bites, pretzels and nuts.
4. Once the margarine has melted add the seasonings and mix together then gently pour on the Oaty Bites mixture and evenly toss in the margarine spice mixture.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
6. Let cool and then store in air tight containers for 5-7 days (not that it will last that long)