One of my goals this year has been to do things for myself that make me feel good and one of those things is taking a few minutes and I mean just a few to do my makeup. I don’t feel like I have to wear makeup and most days I don’t but when I do I feel confident, put together and ready to take the world on. It’s crazy that just a little bit of light makeup can do all that but really it does.
Today was one of those days that I decided that makeup was necessary because I had a blogger networking event to attend. I wanted to feel confident and pretty and put together but I also didn’t want to be too done up so I went for a fairly natural look. Keep reading to see what I used to create this look but first I’ll scare you with my naked face – BTW this is fair warning!
BOO! Did I scare you? Sorry! See below for my after photo.
A little less scary right?
What I used to get this look (FYI I am no beauty guru):
- Mineral Fusion Mattifying Primer*: This step is completely optional but I have been trying out this Mineral Fusion Primer lately. I decided to go with the mattifying primer with Summer in mind because I have combination skin and Summer is when my oily skin likes to make it’s appearance. I am still on the fence as to whether I like this primer or not but I’m going to give it a few more tries before I say yay or nay. I have to say it did seem to be helping in keeping my makeup looking nice today though.
- W3LL PEOPLE Narcissist Foundation Stick: I lusted after this foundation for months before finally taking a plunge to buy this foundation because it’s on the pricy side. I’ll be honest the fact that I was able to get a Groupon to my local Pharamaca that made it half price really sealed the deal. Anyways I LOVE this foundation and definitely will repurchase in the future. The coverage is generally light to medium with the ability to build up easily. Of course today I was going for natural so I just did a light layer.
- Everyday Minerals Eye Shadows*: I chose to go with She’s True, a pure white, across my entire lid and up to the brow bone. I went back in with She’s Artistic, a golden sunshine yellow, on just my lid. I finished of the outer corner with She’s Laughter, a light charcoal brown, and I brought that into the crease for a little added depth. Don’t you love the names of these shadows? These colors made for a really nice natural eye look – perfect for my event.
- Under Eye Concealer: After wiping away the fallout from my mineral eye shadow I used a bit of under eye concealer. Right now I am using an old one from Physician’s Formula that I have had for far too long and probably shouldn’t be using anymore but I don’t have anything else and mama’s got dark circles for days. I am on the search for a really great natural one so any suggestions would be appreciated.
- Mineral Fusion Setting Powder*: I dusted a bit of this setting powder all over my face and gently under the eyes.
- W3LL People Bio Brightener Stick: I put a bit of this on the corner of my eye to brighten it up, a little on my brow bone and on the tops of my check bones. I actually didn’t like this highlighter when I initially received it in a BirchBox months ago but I have grown to love it. This tiny pot has been going strong for months now and I use it to highlight the high points on my face. I like that it gives a little bit of a glisten without being over the top. Once this little pot is gone I’ll buy the full size because I like it that much.
- Pacifica Stellar Gaze Mascara in Supernova*: I finished the eyes off with a little big of mascara. I’ll be honest this is my favorite mascara but I have it so I am using it up. It’s okay for a few hours but I find the brush to be too fat and there is a bit of fall out after a few hours. I am curious how the water-resistant formula is – if you’ve tried it let me know in the comments below.
- Mineral Fusion Sheer Moisture Lip Tints*: For my blush I dabbed on this lip tint to add just a light bit of color on my cheeks and then I also used it on my lips to give them just a little color.
- My Makeup Brushes: I purchased my Everyday Minerals Makeup brushes from iHerb.com** and I absolutely love them. The other brushes I used were the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush** and the Real Techniques Blush Brush** and I bought them on Amazon – both are great brushes.
As I navigate my way through skincare and makeup I am attempting to follow a natural route or at least most of the time natural and always vegan/cruelty free. I have to say it’s been a bit of a learning curve because natural makeup, especially mineral eye shadow can be a little bit of a challenge to work with versus conventional makeup. That being said I have found a few products that I have really been loving and honestly a few I like but am still searching for new and better products. While I realize that beauty/skincare is a new topic for my blog it’s something I am very interested in and I want to share my journey with you. I hope you enjoyed this post and will enjoy future posts.
What is your go to easy “no makeup” makeup look? Or do you prefer to go all out?
New to iHerb? Use coupon code SST123** for up to $10.00 off your first order.
Disclaimer: This post contains no sponsored content. Occasionally I am sent products for review but they will only be featured if I truly like them and use them regularly. If these appear in a post they will be marked above with a “*”. Everything else has been paid for by me! Affiliate links will be marked above with “**”.